How to Use Dr. Numb for Tattoos: A Comprehensive Guide
Getting a tattoo can be an exciting and memorable experience, but for many, it also comes with a fair amount of discomfort or pain. If you’re looking to minimize the pain associated with tattoos, Dr. Numb is a popular numbing cream that can help. In this article, we will explore how to use Dr. Numb for tattoos, along with five interesting facts about this widely-used product.
Using Dr. Numb for Tattoos:
1. Clean the area: Before applying Dr. Numb, make sure the tattooed area is clean and free of any lotions, oils, or dirt. Gently wash the area with mild soap and water, then pat it dry with a clean towel.
2. Apply the cream: Take a pea-sized amount of Dr. Numb and apply it generously to the tattooed area. Massage the cream into the skin until it is fully absorbed. Make sure to cover the entire tattooed area with a thick layer of cream.
3. Cover the area: Once the cream is applied, cover the tattooed area with plastic wrap or cling film. This step helps to create a barrier and increase the effectiveness of the numbing cream. Leave it on for approximately 45 minutes to one hour before removing the wrap.
4. Wipe off excess cream: After the recommended time, remove the plastic wrap and wipe off any excess cream with a clean tissue or cloth. It’s important to ensure that all the cream is thoroughly removed to prevent any interference with the tattooing process.
5. Proceed with tattooing: Now that your skin is adequately numbed, proceed with your tattooing session. You will likely experience significantly reduced discomfort or pain during the process.
Interesting Facts about Dr. Numb:
1. Trusted professionals: Dr. Numb is widely trusted tattoo artists and medical professionals around the world. Its effectiveness in minimizing pain and discomfort has made it a go-to product for many in the industry.
2. Contains Lidocaine: The active ingredient in Dr. Numb is Lidocaine, a local anesthetic commonly used in dermatology and various medical procedures. Lidocaine works temporarily numbing the area it is applied to, providing relief from pain.
3. Safe and FDA-approved: Dr. Numb is an FDA-approved topical anesthetic cream, ensuring its safety and effectiveness. However, it’s essential to follow the instructions carefully and consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or allergies.
4. Suitable for various procedures: While commonly used for tattoos, Dr. Numb can also be used for other procedures such as waxing, piercing, and laser treatments. It provides temporary relief from pain, making the experience more comfortable.
5. Long-lasting effect: Dr. Numb can provide numbing effects for up to four hours, depending on individual factors such as skin type and the amount of cream applied. This duration is typically sufficient for most tattoo sessions.
Common Questions about Dr. Numb:
1. Is Dr. Numb only for tattoos?
No, Dr. Numb can be used for various procedures such as tattooing, waxing, piercing, and laser treatments.
2. Can I apply Dr. Numb on broken or irritated skin?
It is not recommended to apply Dr. Numb on broken or irritated skin, as it may cause further complications. Ensure the skin is intact before application.
3. How long should I leave Dr. Numb on before tattooing?
Leave the cream on for approximately 45 minutes to one hour before starting the tattooing process.
4. Can I use Dr. Numb if I have allergies?
If you have known allergies to Lidocaine or any other ingredients in Dr. Numb, it is advisable to consult a healthcare professional before use.
5. Does Dr. Numb have any side effects?
While rare, some individuals may experience mild side effects such as redness, itching, or a burning sensation. If these persist or worsen, discontinue use and seek medical advice.
6. Can I purchase Dr. Numb over the counter?
Yes, Dr. Numb is available over the counter in many pharmacies and online stores. Ensure to purchase from reputable sources.
7. Can Dr. Numb be used on sensitive areas?
Yes, Dr. Numb can be used on sensitive areas such as the bikini line or underarms. However, exercise caution and follow the instructions carefully.
8. Can I use Dr. Numb if I’m pregnant?
It is advisable to consult a healthcare professional before using Dr. Numb during pregnancy or while breastfeeding.
9. Can Dr. Numb be reapplied during a tattoo session?
It is generally not necessary to reapply Dr. Numb during a tattoo session, as its effects last for up to four hours. However, consult your tattoo artist for their recommendation.
10. Can I drive after using Dr. Numb?
It is generally safe to drive after using Dr. Numb, as it does not impair cognitive or motor functions. However, individual reactions may vary, so exercise caution.
11. Can Dr. Numb be used on children?
Dr. Numb is not recommended for use on children under the age of two without medical supervision. Consult a healthcare professional before using the product on children.
12. How should I store Dr. Numb?
Store Dr. Numb at room temperature, away from direct sunlight or heat sources. Keep it out of reach of children.
13. Can I use Dr. Numb on a fresh tattoo?
It is not recommended to use Dr. Numb on an open or fresh tattoo, as it may interfere with the healing process. Follow your tattoo artist’s aftercare instructions instead.
In conclusion, Dr. Numb is a reliable numbing cream widely used for minimizing pain and discomfort during tattooing and other procedures. By following the correct application process and adhering to the instructions, you can make your tattoo experience more comfortable and enjoyable. Remember to consult a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or allergies before using Dr. Numb or any other topical anesthetic cream.