How to Use Dermablend to Cover Tattoos
Tattoos are a form of self-expression and art, but there may be times when you want to conceal them, whether it’s for a professional setting or a special occasion. Dermablend is a popular brand known for its high coverage makeup products that can effectively cover tattoos. In this article, we will guide you through the process of using Dermablend to achieve flawless coverage.
1. Start with clean, moisturized skin: Cleanse your tattooed area thoroughly and apply a lightweight moisturizer to ensure a smooth canvas for makeup application.
2. Choose the right shade: Dermablend offers a wide range of shades to match various skin tones. Select a shade that closely matches your natural skin tone or opt for a slightly lighter shade to brighten the tattooed area.
3. Apply primer: Apply a thin layer of primer to the tattooed area. This will help the makeup adhere better and last longer.
4. Apply foundation: Use a foundation brush or sponge to apply Dermablend foundation directly over the tattooed area. Start with a small amount and build up the coverage until the tattoo is completely concealed. Blend the foundation outward to ensure a seamless transition with the surrounding skin.
5. Set with powder: To ensure long-lasting coverage, set the foundation with a loose or pressed powder. Gently pat the powder onto the covered tattoo using a powder brush or sponge.
6. Build up layers: If necessary, repeat steps 4 and 5 to build up additional layers for better coverage. Allow each layer to dry before applying the next.
7. Conceal specific areas: If there are any specific areas of the tattoo that require extra coverage, use a small concealer brush to apply Dermablend’s quick-fix concealer directly onto those areas. Blend it in with a gentle tapping motion.
8. Set with powder again: After concealing specific areas, set the makeup with powder once more to ensure it stays in place throughout the day.
9. Blend with surrounding skin: To create a seamless look, blend the covered tattoo with the surrounding skin applying foundation and powder to the near areas. This will help the tattooed area blend naturally with the rest of your skin.
10. Set with setting spray: To enhance the longevity of your makeup, spritz a setting spray over the tattooed area. This will help the makeup stay in place and resist smudging or transferring.
11. Touch up throughout the day: Depending on your activities, it may be necessary to touch up your Dermablend makeup throughout the day. Carry a small container of foundation and powder with you for quick touch-ups when needed.
12. Remove makeup gently: At the end of the day, remove the Dermablend makeup using a gentle makeup remover or cleansing oil. Apply the remover to the tattooed area and gently wipe away the makeup with a soft cloth or cotton pad.
13. Give your skin a break: While Dermablend is a great solution for temporary coverage, it is essential to give your skin breaks from heavy makeup. Allow your tattooed area to breathe and recover going makeup-free whenever possible.
Common Questions and Answers:
1. Will Dermablend cover all types of tattoos?
Dermablend is designed to cover a wide range of tattoo colors and sizes. However, some very dark or vibrant tattoos may require additional layers or color-correcting techniques.
2. Can Dermablend be used on other areas of the body?
Yes, Dermablend can be used to cover tattoos or imperfections on any part of the body.
3. Is Dermablend waterproof?
Dermablend provides long-lasting coverage, but it is not completely waterproof. It may smudge or fade if exposed to excessive moisture or rubbing.
4. Can I use Dermablend if I have sensitive skin?
Dermablend is formulated to be suitable for sensitive skin. However, it is always recommended to perform a patch test before applying it to a larger area.
5. How long will Dermablend coverage last?
With proper application and setting, Dermablend coverage can last up to 16 hours.
6. Can I use Dermablend with other makeup products?
Yes, Dermablend can be used alongside other makeup products. Just ensure that you apply it before any other products and blend them well for a seamless look.
7. Can I use Dermablend on fresh tattoos?
It is generally recommended to wait until the tattoo has fully healed before applying makeup over it, including Dermablend.
8. How do I remove Dermablend without irritating my skin?
Use a gentle makeup remover or cleansing oil to remove Dermablend. Avoid excessive rubbing, and moisturize your skin afterward to keep it nourished.
9. Can I use Dermablend on scarred areas?
Yes, Dermablend can effectively cover scars as well.
10. Does Dermablend transfer onto clothing?
Dermablend is designed to resist transfer, but some minimal transfer may occur, especially if not properly set with powder and setting spray.
11. Can I use Dermablend for a special occasion, like a wedding?
Dermablend is an excellent choice for special occasions. It provides high coverage that can last throughout the day, ensuring your tattoos are discreetly concealed.
12. Can I use Dermablend on large tattoos?
Yes, Dermablend can effectively cover large tattoos. However, it may require more product and additional layers to achieve full coverage.
13. Can I swim or shower with Dermablend on?
While Dermablend is water-resistant, it is not entirely waterproof. It is best to avoid swimming or showering with the makeup on to maintain its coverage.
In conclusion, Dermablend offers a reliable solution for covering tattoos. By following the steps outlined above, you can confidently conceal your tattoos for any occasion. Remember to perform a patch test, choose the right shade, and set the makeup properly for long-lasting coverage.