How to Unmatch With Someone on Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating is a popular online platform that allows users to connect with potential romantic partners. However, not every match may work out, and you might find yourself wanting to unmatch with someone. If you’re unsure about how to navigate this feature, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this article, we will guide you through the process of unmatching with someone on Facebook Dating.
Unmatching with someone on Facebook Dating is a straightforward process that can be done in a few simple steps. Here’s how:
1. Open the Facebook app on your mobile device.
2. Tap on the three horizontal lines, located in the bottom-right corner of the screen, to open the menu.
3. Scroll down and tap on “Dating” to access the Facebook Dating section.
4. Once you’re in the Dating section, tap on the conversation icon in the top-right corner of the screen. This will take you to your matches and conversations.
5. Find the person you want to unmatch with and tap on their profile picture to open the conversation.
6. Inside the conversation, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner of the screen to open the options menu.
7. From the options menu, select “Unmatch” to remove the person from your matches and conversations.
8. A confirmation pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to unmatch with this person. Tap on “Unmatch” once again to confirm your decision.
After completing these steps, you will no longer be matched with or have any conversations with the person you chose to unmatch with.
Common Questions about Unmatching on Facebook Dating:
1. Will the person I unmatched with be notified?
No, the person you unmatched with will not receive a notification or any form of alert.
2. Can I rematch with someone I previously unmatched with?
No, unmatching is a permanent action, and you will not be able to rematch with that person.
3. Can I block someone instead of unmatching?
Yes, if you want to prevent someone from seeing your profile or messaging you, you can choose to block them instead of unmatching.
4. Will unmatching remove the conversation history?
Yes, unmatching will remove all conversation history you had with that person.
5. Can I unmatch with multiple people at once?
Yes, you can unmatch with multiple people following the same process for each person individually.
6. How can I report someone on Facebook Dating?
To report someone on Facebook Dating, go to their profile, tap on the three dots, and select “Report” from the options menu.
7. Can I undo an unmatch?
No, once you unmatch with someone, the action cannot be reversed.
8. Will unmatching affect my other matches or conversations?
No, unmatching with one person will have no impact on your other matches or conversations.
9. Can I hide my profile from someone without unmatching?
Yes, you can choose to hide your profile from specific individuals adjusting your privacy settings.
10. Can I delete my Facebook Dating account instead of unmatching?
Yes, if you no longer wish to use Facebook Dating, you can delete your account going to the settings menu.
11. Will unmatching remove the person from my Facebook friends list?
No, unmatching only removes the person from your matches and conversations on Facebook Dating, not from your friends list.
12. Can I block someone on Facebook Dating without unmatching?
Yes, you can block someone on Facebook Dating without unmatching going to their profile and selecting “Block” from the options menu.
13. Can I rematch with someone I unmatched creating a new account?
No, creating a new account will not allow you to rematch with someone you previously unmatched. The unmatch is tied to the individual, not the account.
Unmatching with someone on Facebook Dating is a simple process that allows you to maintain control over your matches and conversations. Remember, it’s important to prioritize your comfort and well-being when using online dating platforms, and unmatching can be a useful tool in achieving that.