How to Stream League of Legends on Twitch with OBS
League of Legends (LoL) is one of the most popular online multiplayer games, and streaming your gameplay on platforms like Twitch can be a great way to connect with the gaming community and showcase your skills. In this article, we will guide you through the process of streaming LoL on Twitch using OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), a powerful and free streaming software.
Step 1: Setting up OBS
1. Download and install OBS from the official website: https://obsproject.com/
2. Launch OBS and go to the “Settings” tab.
3. Under the “Stream” section, select “Twitch” from the dropdown menu.
4. Log in to your Twitch account and authorize OBS to access your account.
5. Set the desired streaming quality and bitrate under the “Output” tab.
6. Configure your audio settings selecting the appropriate devices under the “Audio” tab.
7. Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the settings.
Step 2: Adding LoL as a source
1. Launch League of Legends and enter a game.
2. Go back to OBS and click the “+” button under the “Sources” box.
3. Select “Game Capture” from the dropdown menu.
4. Choose “League of Legends” from the list of available applications.
5. Customize the display capture settings if needed (e.g., full screen or specific window).
6. Click “OK” to add the game capture source.
Step 3: Configuring the stream layout
1. Arrange your sources dragging and dropping them in the desired order.
2. Resize and position the game capture source to fit your stream layout.
3. Add additional sources like webcam, overlays, or alert notifications using the “+” button.
4. Customize the appearance and settings of each source according to your preferences.
5. Preview your stream layout clicking the “Preview Stream” button.
Step 4: Going live on Twitch
1. Go back to the “Controls” section in OBS.
2. Click the “Start Streaming” button to go live on Twitch.
3. A preview of your stream will appear in OBS, and your viewers can now see your gameplay on Twitch.
4. Interact with your viewers responding to chat messages and engaging in conversations.
Common Questions and Answers:
Q1: Can I stream LoL on Twitch with OBS on a low-end PC?
A1: OBS is quite resource-friendly, but streaming might be challenging on low-end PCs. It is recommended to have a decent CPU and a stable internet connection for a smooth streaming experience.
Q2: Can I use OBS to stream other games on Twitch?
A2: Yes, OBS is a versatile streaming software that can be used to stream various games on Twitch.
Q3: How do I add a webcam to my stream?
A3: To add a webcam, click the “+” button under “Sources,” select “Video Capture Device,” and choose your webcam from the dropdown menu.
Q4: What bitrate should I use for streaming LoL on Twitch?
A4: It is recommended to use a bitrate between 2500 and 6000 kbps for streaming LoL on Twitch, depending on your internet upload speed.
Q5: How can I see Twitch chat while streaming?
A5: You can use a separate device or monitor to keep an eye on Twitch chat, or you can use a chat overlay source within OBS.
Q6: Can I stream LoL on Twitch with OBS using a Mac?
A6: Yes, OBS is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
Q7: How can I improve the stream quality?
A7: Ensure you have a stable and high-speed internet connection, close unnecessary applications running in the background, and optimize OBS settings for better performance.
Q8: How can I set up donations or alerts for my stream?
A8: You can use platforms like Streamlabs or StreamElements to set up donations, alerts, and other stream enhancements.
Q9: Can I stream LoL on Twitch with OBS using a console?
A9: Yes, you can use a capture card to connect your console to your PC and then stream LoL on Twitch using OBS.
Q10: How do I record my gameplay while streaming?
A10: OBS allows you to simultaneously stream and record your gameplay. Simply enable the recording feature in OBS settings.
Q11: Can I stream LoL on Twitch with OBS using a wireless internet connection?
A11: While it is possible, a wired internet connection is generally more stable and reliable for streaming.
Q12: How can I promote my stream and gain viewers?
A12: Engage with other streamers, use social media to promote your stream, and create a consistent streaming schedule to attract and retain viewers.
Q13: Can I monetize my Twitch stream playing LoL with OBS?
A13: Yes, once you meet the requirements, you can become a Twitch Affiliate or Partner and earn revenue through subscriptions, donations, and advertisements.
Streaming LoL on Twitch with OBS can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can share your gameplay with the world and engage with the vibrant gaming community on Twitch.