How to Check MMR in LoL: A Guide and 5 Interesting Facts
League of Legends (LoL) is a popular online multiplayer game that boasts millions of players worldwide. To gauge your skill level and track your progress, the Matchmaking Rating (MMR) system in LoL is used. In this article, we will guide you on how to check your MMR in LoL and also share five interesting facts about the game.
How to Check MMR in LoL:
1. Third-Party Websites: Several third-party websites provide MMR tracking services. Websites like OP.GG, Mobalytics, and LoLKing can help you check your MMR. Simply enter your summoner name, select your region, and the website will display your MMR.
2. In-Game Tools: Riot, the developer of LoL, does not provide an official MMR tracking system. However, in-game tools like the Ranked Solo/Duo Queue LP gains and losses can give you a rough estimate of your MMR. If you consistently gain more LP than you lose, your MMR is likely higher than your current rank.
3. Rank Comparison: Comparing your rank with friends or other players can also give you an idea of your MMR. If you have a higher rank than someone but consistently get matched with players of similar or lower ranks, it suggests that your MMR might be lower than your rank.
4. Win/Loss Streaks: Pay attention to your win/loss streaks. If you win a series of games and gain more LP than usual, it indicates that your MMR is likely higher than your current rank.
5. Proximity to Promotions or Demotions: If you frequently hover around promotion or demotion, it suggests that your MMR is close to the next rank. For example, if you consistently win games at Gold IV but struggle to progress to Gold III, your MMR might be below average for Gold III.
Interesting Facts about LoL:
1. Record-Breaking Esports: League of Legends holds the record for the highest peak concurrent viewership in an esports event. The 2018 World Championship Finals had over 99.6 million viewers.
2. Massive Player Base: As of 2021, LoL has over 115 million monthly active players. This staggering number showcases the game’s immense popularity and longevity.
3. Game Time: The average game duration in LoL is around 30 – 35 minutes. However, matches can vary significantly depending on players’ skill levels and strategies.
4. Champion Variety: LoL boasts a diverse roster of over 150 champions to choose from, each with unique abilities and playstyles. This wide selection ensures that players can find a champion that suits their preferred playstyle.
5. Global Appeal: League of Legends is played in almost every country worldwide. The game’s popularity transcends borders and has built a truly international gaming community.
Common Questions about LoL MMR:
1. Does MMR affect LP gains and losses?
Yes, MMR directly affects LP gains and losses. Higher MMR results in gaining more LP for wins and losing fewer LP for losses.
2. Can MMR be reset?
No, MMR cannot be reset. However, during each ranked season, your MMR is partially reset, allowing for adjustments based on your performance in placement matches.
3. Does MMR affect matchmaking?
Yes, MMR is the primary factor in matchmaking. Matches are made based on players’ MMR to ensure a fair and balanced experience.
4. Can you have different MMRs in different queues?
Yes, each queue (Ranked Solo/Duo, Flex, and Normal) has a separate MMR. Your performance in one queue does not impact your MMR in another.
5. Can you check someone else’s MMR?
No, you can only check your own MMR. Riot Games does not provide public access to players’ MMR information.
6. Does dodging affect MMR?
Dodging games does not directly impact your MMR. However, dodging too frequently can result in time penalties and LP losses.
7. Does duoing impact MMR gains and losses?
No, duoing does not directly impact MMR gains and losses. However, the matchmaking system considers the average MMR of both players when searching for opponents.
8. Can you improve your MMR without playing ranked?
While playing ranked games is the most reliable way to improve your MMR, your performance in normal games can also influence your MMR to some extent.
9. Is MMR the same as Elo?
MMR is similar to the Elo rating system but with some adjustments and improvements made Riot Games. Both systems aim to determine players’ skill levels and create balanced matches.
10. Can MMR be manipulated?
MMR cannot be directly manipulated. However, intentionally losing games or engaging in unfair gameplay can result in penalties and potentially affect your MMR indirectly.
11. Does MMR decay over time?
Yes, MMR can decay if you do not play ranked games for an extended period. This decay varies depending on your current rank.
12. Can MMR be transferred between regions?
No, MMR is region-specific and cannot be transferred between different regions.
13. Can you improve your MMR without winning games?
Winning games is the most effective way to improve your MMR. Consistently performing well in games, even if you lose, can also help mitigate MMR losses.
In conclusion, utilizing third-party websites, analyzing rank comparisons, win/loss streaks, and proximity to promotions or demotions, you can get a good estimate of your MMR in LoL. Additionally, interesting facts like record-breaking esports events, a massive player base, and the game’s global appeal make LoL a truly remarkable gaming phenomenon.