How to Change Servers in League of Legends (LoL)
League of Legends (LoL) is a popular online multiplayer game with millions of players worldwide. While the game allows players to connect and play on different servers, there may be occasions when you want to change servers for various reasons. If you’re wondering how to change servers in LoL, this article will guide you through the process.
Changing servers in LoL is relatively straightforward, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind before making the switch. Here’s a step--step guide on how to change servers in LoL:
1. Open the League of Legends client on your computer.
2. Click on the gear icon in the top right corner of the screen to access the settings menu.
3. In the settings menu, click on the “General” tab.
4. Scroll down until you find the “Region” option.
5. Click on the drop-down menu next to “Region” and select the server you want to switch to.
6. Click on the “Confirm” button to save the changes.
7. The client will then prompt you to restart the game for the changes to take effect.
8. Close the client and relaunch it.
9. Log in with your username and password.
10. You will now be connected to the server you selected.
Now that you know how to change servers in LoL, let’s address some common questions players have about this process:
1. Can I switch servers without losing my progress?
Yes, your progress, including your rank, champions, and skins, will carry over when you switch servers.
2. Can I switch servers for free?
Switching servers is free, but you may experience higher latency and increased ping if you switch to a server located far away from your region.
3. How often can I switch servers?
There are no restrictions on how often you can switch servers in LoL. However, it is recommended to stick to a server that offers the best gameplay experience for you.
4. Can I play with friends on different servers?
No, you cannot play with friends who are on different servers. You will need to be on the same server to play together.
5. Will my ping be affected when I switch servers?
Yes, your ping may be affected when you switch servers, especially if you switch to a server located far away from your region. This can result in increased latency and slower response times.
6. Can I transfer my account to a different server?
Yes, you can transfer your account to a different server, but this service may come with a fee. Check the official League of Legends website for more information on server transfers.
7. Can I change my server without reinstalling the game?
Yes, you can change your server without reinstalling the game. Simply follow the steps mentioned earlier in this article.
8. Can I change my server on mobile devices?
The process of changing servers on mobile devices is slightly different. You will need to log out of your account and select a different server before logging back in.
9. Can I change my server during a game or ranked match?
No, you cannot change your server during a game or ranked match. You will need to finish the match and exit the game before switching servers.
10. Can I switch back to my previous server?
Yes, you can switch back to your previous server following the same steps mentioned earlier. However, keep in mind that your progress on the current server will not carry over to your previous server.
11. Can I switch servers if I have a ban or chat restriction?
If your account is currently banned or has a chat restriction, you may not be able to switch servers until the ban or restriction is lifted.
12. Will my matchmaking be affected when I switch servers?
Yes, your matchmaking may be affected when you switch servers. You may be matched with players of different skill levels or experience higher queue times.
13. Can I switch servers if I have an active subscription or purchased content?
Yes, you can switch servers even if you have an active subscription or purchased content. However, some content may not be available on certain servers.
Changing servers in League of Legends allows players to explore different gaming communities and experience new challenges. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily switch servers and continue your journey in the world of LoL.