How to Change Joined Date on TWITTER
Twitter is a popular social media platform that connects millions of people worldwide. When you create a Twitter account, it automatically displays the date when you joined the platform. However, there may be instances where you want to change this joined date, either for personal reasons or to reflect a more accurate representation of your Twitter activity. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to change your joined date on Twitter.
1. Log in to your Twitter account: Visit the Twitter website and enter your login credentials to access your account.
2. Go to your profile: Click on your profile picture in the top right corner of the screen to open a drop-down menu. Select “Profile” from the options.
3. Edit your profile: On your profile page, locate the “Edit profile” button below your cover photo and click on it.
4. Change your joined date: Scroll down the settings options until you find the “Date of birth” section. Click on the drop-down menu next to the year and select the year you want to display as your joined date.
5. Save changes: After selecting the desired year, click on the “Save” button at the bottom of the page to save your changes. Your joined date will now be updated.
Common Questions about Changing Joined Date on Twitter:
1. Can I change my joined date on Twitter?
Yes, you can change your joined date on Twitter following the steps mentioned above.
2. Why would I want to change my joined date on Twitter?
There could be various reasons, such as wanting to reflect a more accurate timeline of your Twitter activity or for personal preferences.
3. Is there a limit to how many times I can change my joined date?
There doesn’t seem to be a specific limit mentioned Twitter. However, it is advisable to change it only when necessary, as frequently changing your joined date may raise suspicions or confusion among your followers.
4. Will my followers be notified when I change my joined date?
No, changing your joined date does not trigger any notifications to your followers.
5. Can I change my joined date to a future date?
No, you can only change your joined date to a past year, as Twitter does not allow setting a future date.
6. Will my tweets be affected changing my joined date?
No, changing your joined date does not affect your tweets or any other content on your Twitter account.
7. Can I change my joined date on the Twitter mobile app?
Yes, you can change your joined date on the Twitter mobile app following similar steps. Go to your profile, tap on the “Edit profile” button, and change the joined date in the “Date of birth” section.
8. Can I change my joined date without adding my birth date?
No, Twitter requires you to provide a birth date in order to change your joined date. However, your birth date does not have to be displayed publicly.
9. Will changing my joined date affect my account verification status?
No, changing your joined date does not affect your account verification status on Twitter.
10. Can I change my joined date if I am using a pseudonym?
Yes, you can change your joined date regardless of whether you use a pseudonym or real name on Twitter.
11. Can I revert back to my original joined date after changing it?
Yes, you can revert back to your original joined date following the same steps and selecting the original year.
12. Why is the joined date important on Twitter?
The joined date provides a reference point for your Twitter activity, showing how long you have been on the platform and establishing your credibility.
13. Can I change the joined date to a date before Twitter existed?
No, you can only change your joined date to a year within the range of when Twitter was launched, which is March 2006.