How to Change Date of Birth on Battle.net
Battle.net is a popular gaming platform that allows users to connect and play games with friends online. When creating an account, users are required to provide their date of birth as part of the registration process. However, there may be instances where you need to change your date of birth on Battle.net, either due to an error or personal preference. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to change your date of birth on Battle.net and address some commonly asked questions.
Changing your date of birth on Battle.net:
1. Log in to your Battle.net account using your credentials.
2. Click on your profile icon at the top-right corner of the screen.
3. From the dropdown menu, select “Account Settings.”
4. On the Account Settings page, locate the “Personal Information” section.
5. Click on the “Edit” button next to your date of birth.
6. Enter your correct date of birth in the provided fields.
7. Click on the “Save Changes” button to update your date of birth.
Commonly Asked Questions:
1. Can I change my date of birth on Battle.net multiple times?
No, Battle.net allows users to change their date of birth only once for security reasons.
2. Why is my date of birth important on Battle.net?
Your date of birth is used to verify your age and ensure compliance with age restrictions for certain games.
3. What if I entered the wrong date of birth during registration?
Follow the steps mentioned above to change your date of birth to the correct one.
4. Can I change my date of birth if I have forgotten my account password?
No, you need to know your account password to make any changes to your Battle.net account, including your date of birth.
5. Will changing my date of birth affect my progress in games?
No, changing your date of birth will not affect your progress in any games.
6. Is there an age restriction to change the date of birth?
No, you can change your date of birth at any age as long as you have a Battle.net account.
7. Can I change my date of birth on the Battle.net mobile app?
No, currently, the Battle.net mobile app does not support changing your date of birth. Use a web browser instead.
8. How long does it take for the changes to reflect on my account?
The changes should be applied instantly upon saving them.
9. Can I provide a false date of birth on Battle.net?
Providing false information is against Battle.net’s terms of service and may result in consequences, including account suspension.
10. What if I need to provide proof of age verification?
Battle.net may ask for proof of age verification in certain cases. Contact their support for further assistance.
11. Can I change my date of birth if my account is banned?
No, if your account is banned, you will not be able to change your date of birth until the suspension is lifted.
12. Will Battle.net notify me if my date of birth is changed?
Yes, you will receive an email notification whenever changes are made to your account, including your date of birth.
13. Can I change the year of my date of birth to make myself appear younger?
No, Battle.net requires accurate information, and providing false information is a violation of their terms of service.
Remember, it is important to provide accurate information while creating and maintaining your Battle.net account. Changing your date of birth is a simple process, but it should only be done when necessary and with correct information.